Helping You Turn Your American Dream Into A Reality

Put Your Asylum Claim In My Hands

If you are fearful of returning to your home country because doing so risks your life or freedom, you may be eligible to apply for political asylum. Asylum is a type of protection that allows individuals who are already in the United States to remain here. If your case is denied at the Asylum Office, you will be placed in removal proceedings in the Immigration Court. However, if you are granted asylum, it will provide you with refuge in the United States and allow you to become a permanent resident and, eventually, a U.S. citizen.

It is critical to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer as soon as possible when applying for political asylum. You only have one year to apply for asylum after arriving in the U.S. Otherwise, you will be at risk of deportation.

Your Asylum Advocate

My name is Grace R. Alano, and I have been a San Francisco immigration attorney for more than 20 years. I have the experience and expertise to help you with the complex procedural and evidentiary requirements involved with an application for political asylum.

Speaking as a Calilfornia immigration attorney, fewer things are more rewarding than a successful application for asylum. I can help you build a compelling case for why you cannot return to your country of origin and fight for the personal safety of yourself and your family.

Grounds For Asylum In The U.S.

In order to obtain asylum, an applicant must demonstrate to the United States government that he or she fears persecution in their native country based upon one or more of the following: race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group, or, political opinion. The applicant must apply within one year of his or her arrival in the United States, with limited exceptions.

Asylum applicants must wait for an initial 150 days to apply for employment authorization from the time the application for political asylum is filed. The applicant’s family members may also be eligible for asylum status. Individuals granted asylum may apply for permanent residence one year after receiving asylum status.

Contact Alano Immigration

Call 415-413-8472 or send me an email to schedule a consultation about your U.S. immigration law issues. The sooner you contact me, the sooner I can get to work on your asylum claim. I look forward to helping you seek refuge in the United States.