Helping You Turn Your American Dream Into A Reality

Bringing Your Fiance To The U.S.

I understand my clients’ worries about being separated from a fiancé. How long will it take until he or she can join me? Will my fiancé be able to visit me or perhaps stay with me for an extended time? What kind of support will I be required to provide him or her? When will we be able to marry? What happens next?

Having practiced immigration law for more than 20 years, I have extensive experience helping clients obtain visas and legal residency for their fiances, and spouses, as well as other family members. I can inform you of what you need to do to ensure that your visa application is in order and that you comply with U.S. immigration law. I have helped bring many couples together by assisting them with the K-1 fiance visa process and then adjustment of status. Many times, I have been there for the client all the way through, from coming in as a fiancé to when he or she applies for U.S. citizenship!

The K-1 Visa

I assist clients nationwide with the K-1 fiancé visa and green card process. A U.S. citizen may bring a fiancé to the United States on a K-1 fiancé visa. You must have met your fiancé in person within the last two years and must marry within 90 days of his or her entry to the U.S. The next step is to have your fiancé apply for residence by filing an adjustment of status application. Unfortunately, many people are not aware of this second step, which can lead to serious problems.

Clear Answers To Your Marriage-Based Visa Questions

I will work with you one-on-one to determine whether or not your fiancé is eligible to apply for the K-1 visa in the first place. I will give you an overview of the process and help you determine your legal strategy. Many couples are confused as to whether or not it is best to marry and bring your loved one in as a spouse or to wait to marry and bring your loved one in as a fiancé. They are unsure if they should marry in the U.S. or abroad. They want to know how long it will take. They also want to know whether the spouse or fiancé will be able to visit the U.S. while the case is pending.

The answers to these questions must be individualized to your situation. They are not one size fits all. I can answer your questions and guide you toward the right path to immigration. The choice will depend on your individual facts and circumstances and the timeline you are looking to meet. I will be there throughout all the stages of your case, right up to your adjustment of status interview.

Contact Me At Alano Immigration

Call 415-413-8472 or send me an email to schedule a consultation about your U.S. immigration law issues. I look forward to helping you seek refuge in the United States. I offer convenient consultations in which potential clients discuss their possible cases with me and learn about their options from an experienced immigration attorney.

Disclaimer: The use of the Internet or this form for communication with this firm or any individual member of this firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.