Helping You Turn Your American Dream Into A Reality

Waivers Of Inadmissibility For Your Family

I am experienced in presenting waivers of inadmissibility, such as those applied for on Form I-601, to USCIS and consular offices abroad. If your family member needs a waiver for fraud, unlawful presence, prior deportation, crimes or health-related grounds, I can help you.

I can also assist you with an application for an unlawful presence provisional waiver on Form I-601A. If approved, this waiver lets you apply for a visa or permanent residency status (a “green card”) despite things like the following being true:

  • You have been in the U.S. unlawfully
  • You were deported from the U.S. and want to return
  • You committed an act that prevents you from being admitted to the U.S. under the Immigration and Naturalization Act

I can work with you to determine if you need a Form I-601A waiver and guide you through the process.

Provisional Stateside Waivers

Traditionally, an undocumented person in the U.S. looking to obtain an inadmissibility waiver as part of their journey to legal status would have to leave the country to attend a consulate interview. If that interview resulted in a denial, the person would be stuck outside the U.S. and unable to return for three or ten years.

Thanks to a recent change in the law, you can apply for the waiver while still in California or elsewhere this country, ensuring you will not be separated from your family as a result of the consulate interview. As your lawyer, I can help you apply for a provisional stateside waiver and avoid errors.

J-1 Visa Waivers

If you or your spouse was an exchange visitor on a J visa and needs a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement or are unsure about whether you or your spouse is subject to the requirement, contact me for an appointment.

Contact Alano Immigration

If you are interested in learning more about immigrant visa waivers or J-1 visa waivers, call 415-413-8472 or send me an email to schedule a consultation about your U.S. immigration law issues.

I offer convenient consultations in which potential clients discuss their possible cases with me and learn about their options from an experienced immigration attorney.